Many people are put off colour work in knitting simply because they are wary of catching the dolls fingers in the yarn loops or strands at the back of the knitting, thus pulling stitches tight and ruining hours of work.
As with most things there is a simple solution – use cling film/cling wrap around the dolls fingers. If the fingers are covered correctly the dolls hands will just glide through the body and sleeves of the jumper.
Follow the directions below and you should have no problems.
1. Tear off a small piece of cling film and scrunch it up so it fits into the palm of the dolls hand, so that the thumb and fingers are covered. The amount of cling film will vary according to the size of the doll:
2. Tear off another piece of cling film and wind it around the dolls hand, encasing the whole hand and the padding in the palm:
3. The whole hand should be covered, run your fingers over the dolls hand to check that the fingers are well padded and do not stick through the cling film:
4. Dress the doll as normal:
5. Once the garment is in position, remove the cling film, this does tear off very easily: