– When dressing a doll in a knitted garment it is easier if you wrap the doll’s hands in cling film to stop fingers snagging in the stitches and causing stitches to pull.
– Different yarns drape differently-for example if a garment is to be draped over a chair, then a better result will be achieved using cotton.
– When knitting in a dark colour place a white cloth on your lap to give a contrast against the stitches.
– Work in daylight where possible or use a daylight bulb in your lamp. This will cause less strain to your eyes.
– If you are having difficulty working out how a pattern works and what it should look like (for example a lace pattern) try knitting a sample piece of the pattern in full size first.
– Knitting and crochet terms vary between countries (even English speaking ones!). If you are having difficulty understanding the knitting terms used in our patterns please contact us.