Above: 1:12th scale crochet work drying on a miniature chair
– To achieve the correct drape when displaying cotton knitting or crochet on a piece of furniture: Firstly cover the furniture in cling film/shrink wrap plastic to protect it from water damage.
– Dampen the knitting/crochet in a little water and drape over the furniture.
– Pull the work into shape until the desired effect is achieved and leave to dry overnight.
– When the knitting/crochet is completely dry, remove cling film/shrink wrap plastic from furniture and replace knitted/crochet work.
– The knitted/crocheted item will retain its shape until it is washed or dampened again.