LoveKnitting.com and LoveCrochet.com have just made this announcement, which comes into effect on 1st November 2016:
Since launching LoveCrochet in May 2014, we are delighted to have seen it grow at the same pace as its (older) sister site, LoveKnitting. From the beginning, we have always featured crochet patterns on both LoveCrochet and LoveKnitting, since the latter had more traffic and we wanted to ensure that those patterns benefitted from it. However, we are delighted to announce that we no longer feel this is a necessary step, and from 1st November, crochet patterns will only be available on LoveCrochet. This will make LoveKnitting easier to navigate for our knitting customers, as well as ensuring LoveCrochet is the best home for our crocheting community.
Fear not though, we wouldn’t dream of taking this step without ensuring that this works seamlessly for both our designers and customers.
– From 1st November, crochet patterns will only be discoverable on LoveCrochet (they will be live on LoveKnitting, so old links to patterns will still work, but a customer will only be able to search or filter for crochet patterns on LoveCrochet)
– The most popular crochet patterns will be available in a specific crochet category on LoveKnitting, with a large banner encouraging customers to find more patterns on LoveCrochet.
– Any old links to crochet patterns on LoveKnitting will still work.
– A customer can switch between LoveKnitting and LoveCrochet, and retain the contents of their basket if they are signed in.
– The German LoveKnitting site will continue to carry crochet patterns.
We know some of our customers prefer to buy patterns via LoveKnitting and LoveCrochet, so rest assured that our patterns will still be listed on LoveKnitting and LoveCrochet and can be found by following the links at the base of every page of our blog.
Patterns offered for sale via our Ravelry store and on this blog are unaffected by these changes.