Happy St. George’s Day! St George is the national Saint of England and the rose is the national flower of England. As a special gift to you we offer a project to make a box of English Rose soaps (shown circled on the photo above)
1:12th scale English Rose Soap Box
Box: Thin card, scissors, glue.
Soaps: scraps of tissue paper.
1. Print out box above on thin card.
2. Cut around top and base of box so you have two parts.
3. Set aside lid with printed design and work on base.
4. Cut along side next to long edge of box on any small grey square (tab), this will form a flap to fold and glue sides into a box shape. Repeat with remaining three squares.
5. Fold sides of box up, so that the grey squares will be hidden when glued, glue each grey square and press into place behind side of box.
6. Set aside and leave to dry.
7. Make box lid in same way as base, this time the tabs are white.
8. Set aside and leave to dry.
When box is completely dry the lid may be placed on the box.
If you wish to add ‘soap’ to the box, scrunch up a tiny piece of tissue paper into a soap shape. Wrap another piece of issue paper around this shape and place in box. Repeat to make two or three more soaps.
© Copyright Frances H. Powell 2019
All rights reserved.
This design and project is for private use only and may not be reproduced in any form, or reproduced for commercial gain including selling any item made up from these designs without written permission from Buttercup Miniatures.
Reproducing or transmitting this design or project by any means, for any purpose other than for personal use, constitutes a violation of UK copyright law.
This design was originally sold as a ready made item on our web shop from 2002 to 2015
For scale information: the UK Penny coin used on the photos is just slightly larger than a US Cent coin. The actual diameter is ¾-inch or 2 cm. The UK penny coin sits just inside a European (Euro) 5c coin