Also known as Lunar New Year it falls between 21st January and 20th February. Chinese New Year is not only celebrated in China, but in countries where Chinese influence has been felt. Many Asian countries celebrate at the same time, which is why it is also referred to as the Lunar new year.
The traditions surrounding Chinese New Year vary but a large feast and cleaning of the house to sweep away the any bad luck from the old year and welcome in good omens for the new year are common. Perhaps best known are the street parties involving firecrackers, dragons, lanterns and the giving money in red paper envelopes.
Each year is associated with the 12 animal signs of the Chinese zodiac: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig. This year, 2016, is the year of the monkey.
There are many greetings associated with New Year but the one most known to western ears is Gong Hey Fat Choy, which translates as congratulations and be prosperous.
Wherever you are in the world we hope the year of the monkey is a happy, prosperous and healthy one for you.
Pattern for 1:12th scale monkey toy shown above is available to buy here.
We are offering the 1:12th scale monkey toy pattern with a 50% discount using the code MONKEYTOY from today until midnight 22nd February 2016 (UK local time), at the end of the promotion period prices will revert to normal and you will no longer receive a discount. Remember that the offers run according to UK local time, which may be different to the time in your part of the world.
NOTE: If you are in the EU remember EU VAT will be added to all the prices shown on our blog pages, when the patterns are added to your cart or basket.
To participate in the offer:
1. Go to the monkey toy pattern on our blog pages
2. Add the pattern to your cart.
3. Click ‘Use a coupon code’. Add the promotion code MONKEYTOY in the ‘coupon code’ box which appears and click ‘apply’. The code is case sensitive.
4. The 50% discount will be deducted automatically once the coupon code is entered AND applied. Remember this code can be used only ONCE.
NOTES AND EXCLUSIONS:
· Please read the notes on each pattern regarding the purchase of digital goods.
· This offer is limited to ONE use per customer.
· If the coupon code is not used or applied, the pattern cost will NOT be refunded after purchase.
· The offer does not have any cash value for redemption and is not transferable.
· The pattern code is not a coupon/voucher code.
· This offer is exclusive to our digital patterns in our blog and Ravelry store – the coupon code will NOT work if used on our main web shop or LoveKnitting.com
· The offer expires at midnight 22nd February 2016 (UK local time).